Gary Nease's Bio
Email Gary - firstname.lastname@example.org
About Gary -
Hello. My name is Gary Nease, the News and Sports Director at WHDL and WPIG. I have worked in Olean radio since 1974, the last 16 years at WHDL and WPIG. During the last 36 years I have lost a lot of hair and most of my marbles, but have been able to pull things together by 4:30am to try to make everyone's mornings a little bit brighter. I have been blessed with great family and friends, both in and out of radio. I look forward to meeting many new friends as I try to figure out what I want to do when I grow up!
What was your favorite school lunch?
· whatever my mom packed for me
If you were going to move to a different country, which one would you choose?
· Australia, mate!
What hidden talents do you have?
· I can cook! (I also can iron clothes, but don't tell my wife!)
What was the make/model and color of your first vehicle?
· A 1974 AMC Gremlin, green with white racing stripes
If you were a nut, what kind of nut would you be?
· Macadamia(sp) Tough to crack!
Who was your favorite teacher, and why?
· CubaCentralSchool's own Marjorie Bly, my 8th grade English teacher...I still remember and use her grammar drills 40+ years later !
Are you a cat person or a dog person?
· Both...currently have three cats, but have had two basset hounds, 1 beagle, one attack "pee-coc" (Pekinese and cocker spaniel mix), and a Heinz variety dog.
What is your favorite vegetable?
· Corn on the Cob, smothered in butter and garlic salt! (hope the doctor's not looking at this!)
What’s the most important piece of advice that anyone ever gave you?
· My parents taught us to respect others, and don't be afraid to laugh at yourself, among a lot of other good traits.
What word or words are you guilty of using way too much?
· Someone else has to answer this question... (and I'm sure they will)